If you’re wondering about my qualifications (as you should before you hire any self-professed “coach”), here’s some information about my background and training:
Throughout my professional life, I have worked in capacities where interpersonal communication is vital. Long before Social Savvy Sage, I was once a research scientist in evolutionary biology. That of course taught me about the biological basis for many human behaviors.
Then I taught for eight years at a school for at-risk teens. During this time is when I picked up my teaching, curriculum design, and counseling skills.
While working towards my teaching credential, I played poker professionally for a year. Through that endeavor, I learned quite a bit about … well, let’s just call it applied human psychology. I think of poker as the “dark arts” aspect of social savvy.
I left teaching to take a job at WordPress.com for four years, where I authored a bunch of writings and presentations on customer service and communication. You can check them out here.
I am also a comedy and relationships writer, which can be either an oxymoron or redundant, depending on your perspective. In 2008, I started blogging about relationships, originally as a way for myself to learn from a breakup. That led to a considerable amount of freelance writing on dating and human behavior, a well as an invitation to be a dating advice columnist (see below). Eventually, I launched my own crowdsourced dating advice site.
Lastly, I’m now working to become a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, so I can actually be qualified to help when people have relationship issues more serious than, “Well, how do I talk to her on a date?”
If you really want to throw yourself down the rabbit hole, here is a list of my internet writings on dating, relationships, human behavior, and basically anything relevant to Social Savvy Sage:
- 5 Tiny Things Secretly Determining Who You Have Sex With
- 5 Things You Won’t Believe Can Brainwash You on Election Day
- 5 Bizarre Studying Hacks You Won’t Believe Improve Learning
- 5 Traits You Think You Control (But Totally Don’t)
- 5 Things Everyone Hates (Science Says You Secretly Enjoy)
- 5 Mind-Blowing Ways Your Senses Lie to You Every Day
- 5 Ways Your Brain Tricks You into Sticking With Bad Habits
- Mathematical Proof That the Media Is Sexist and Bad at Math
- 5 Scientific Ways the Internet is Dividing Us
- 5 Creepy Forms of Mind Control You’re Exposed to Daily
- 6 Reasons Professional Poker Is Way Harder Than It Looks
- 6 ‘Wuss’ Behaviors That Were Once Badass Survival Instincts
- 7 Psychotic Pieces of Relationship Advice from Cosmo
- 5 Personality Flaws That Science Will Cure in Our Lifetime
- Should You Post That Status Update?
- Online Dating Dictionary
- How To Spot An Asshole Pretending To Be A Nice Guy
- I Was The Angry Boyfriend
- 6 Harsh Online Dating Realities That You Should Be Aware Of
- Consent Isn’t As Simple As “No Means No”
- How Do You Handle Your Relationship Issues?
- Our First Date Was Nothing Spectacular
- I Don’t Regret Cheating
- No Man Is Worth Waiting Around For
- I Date Outside My Race Because My Race Doesn’t Want To Date Me
- The Real Reason Women Shouldn’t Make The First Move
- Why I’ll Act Like A Jerk If I Break Up With You
- Why You Never Heard From Me Again After Our Amazing First Date
- Women, Want to Attract a Man? Wear Makeup!
- I’m Tired of the Pornification of Marriage Proposals
- Please Tell Me If I Stink!
- A Little (Ruthless) Mocking Only Made Me a Better Person
- How I Get a Girl to Break Up With Me
- We Weren’t Having Sex, But I Was Still Getting Screwed
- “How Can We Get Our Sexy Back?”
- “He Poked Me, So I Mocked Him”
- “I Kicked Him in the Balls and Now His Friends Think I’m Crazy”
- Wasting Away In The Friend Zone
- “Is He Really Too Busy, or Is He Just Not Into Me?”
- “In Three Years, He Never Slept With Me Once!”
- When Did “Trying Too Hard” Become A Bad Thing?
- “Do I Have a Shot with my FWB?”
- “Am I More Than Just His FWB?”
- “I’m a 28-Year-Old Virgin. Does That Scare Guys Off?”
- “He Stopped Sexting Me”
- “Am I Just His Booty Call?”
- “Should I Remain Friends With My Ex?”
- “Did He Just Want Me for Sex?”
- “My Ex is Gloating about His New Girlfriend on Facebook”
- “What Do Guys Think About First-Date Sex?”
- “Am I Really His Fantasy Girl?”
- “Am I Too Intimidating for Men?”
- “How Can I Broach the Topic of Marriage?”
- “How Do I Put the Moves on a Woman?”
- “What Do These Relationship Red Flags Mean?”
- “Will He Ever Quit Drinking So Much And Settle Down?”
- “Should I Tell The Next Guy I Date That I’m A Virgin?”
- 5 Devious Ways To Get Dumped Fast
- Is Your Compassion Self-Serving?
- 10 Reasons Men Ask You Out Via Facebook
If my professional background checks out for you, click here to learn about my coaching services, or sign up for a free consultation below: